BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

assignments


I'm about to explode! The amount of assignments that KBU are offering is so out of the league. The time given is unreasonable. The preparation stages are not enough to cover all topics. They trying to squeeze everything into one tiny lil' box.

As much as I appreciate the design learning outcome, i really do. It's not worth damaging my health, late nights, sleepless nights. =.=

The list of workload...

1. Autocad drawings - 2 layout Plans, 4 Sections, 4 Elevations (tolerable)
2. Models - 3 concept models, 3 sketch models, 1 development model (bigger than A3 size), 1 cut sectional model (this is really really dumb, almost the size of an A2 paper..imagine bigger than your mahjong paper)
3. Prototype model (tolerable)
4. 3D perspective drawings - 3 to 6 pieces (depending on the areas)


my previous sectional model

I can tolerate most of the work given but not sectional model. Seriously, we surely have to produce section drawings, which is fine because it's standard procedure. Sectional model, whats that? And I didn't ask the lecture why we have to do sectional model, for those who are in the lecture hall today. But in my heart, I'm asking why! In reality it is enough for a constructor to read the drawings and build the design. He don't have to look at the sectional model and construct. Just in my opinion, not to offend anyone out there. It's not the time management, it's time consuming doing models. Even the experts in model making says its time consuming. Not time management. Don't judge the book by its cover, don't look at my model and say I didn't do my work.. It's time consuming! And the model marks are pulling me down.

I'm not judging KBU is a nut freak Uni. She's the best designing school in Malaysia has to offer. I've learn so much about design concept, elements. It makes me think outside the box most of the time. I give credit for that!!
I love the sketchbook idea. For one I love sketching. Putting research and sketches in one book, great idea. I just love it.

I really respect the KBU students, their ideas is WOW!! The forms and function, you don't see that in other designing schools. Their creativity level is what I call, utilizing God given ability to the fullest!! WOW!! I'm thankful that I had this opportunity to discover the other side of exploration in designing.

Alright, enough of complaining and praising LOL.. I need to get back to work.

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.


1 comments:

yvonnejoan said...

girl..i understand man what your going through.. like u said..u can do all things through christ who strengthens you!! amen to that! Just do your best and God will do the rest. :)