BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

my struggle

In recent days, I was earnestly searching for an answer. I search for answer of the world that kept me really confused. I am really desperate to find a way out for an answer. But I was seeking from all wrong places. I was listening to the voice that irritates me, I wasn't listening to the one that comforts me. I plead God to help me. I knew He was listening to my heart's cry, but He was just waiting for me to let Him speak. Till today.

As i awoke uninterrupted, i just sat on the bed in silence thinking again about the struggles. So at the edge of the bed, i was praying in silence.. something in me was heavy, I couldn't get myself to speak out. I just kept in silence, waiting for an answer. Then I looked up and saw my Bible. I picked up and randomly flip through to see if God has an answer for me. I came across this passage.

Romans 12.2..
Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God - what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

I knew in my heart, that was the scripture God is revealing to me. I sense warmth in my heart. But i needed assurance. So i kept in silence. I ran to my laptop and decided to check my mail. And there is was, the assurance. It's from a bulletin I subscribe 2 days ago.

"Watch for an attack of the enemy that will make you feel that you have strayed from My purpose. You may have gone off the beaten path, but the unusual things you are experiencing now will give you the ability to see from a different perspective. The more and varied ways you can look at your situation, the better able you are to discern with clarity. Don't be afraid to look, really look at your circumstances with an eye to make necessary adjustments at this juncture in your life, says the Lord. Trust that your times and seasons are in My hand."

Psalms 94:17 - 19
If the Lord had not helped me, I would have gone quickly to the land of silence. I said, "I am falling"; but your constant love, O Lord, help me up. Wherever I am anxious and worried, you comfort me and make me glad.

And my day couldn't get any better, still with the struggle. John said hi. He shared with me some similar things that I could relate with him. His testimony gave me the courage that I was in the right path. That I wasn't alone and insane. Though the situation wasn't the same, but it was the way he handled things encourage me to Trust God fully and surrender my struggles.

Hebrew 13.9
Do not let all kinds of strange teachings lead you from the right way. It is good to receive inner strength from God's grace, and not by obeying about foods (worldly teachings); those who obey these rules have not been helped by them.

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. And God's peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.

God kept reminding me to trust Him, believe in Him. But I refused, eventhough I want to and I just don't know how to. I knew it was the right thing to do, but I had struggled to do so. Something in my heart was not settling for His answer yet, unless I truely poured out my heart to Him with a pure heart. I was bombarding rubbish to my mind, that I pass away the good things God installed for me. God revealed to me today is simple and yet satisfying compared to the couple of days that I seek answers from worldly point of view. Now I know the enemy has put wrong thoughts in my mind, and eventually my faith begin to decrease. The devil had really kept my mind busy with the wrong kinds of thinking so that my mind never goes around to being used for the purpose for which God designed it.

It's easy to say this, oh yes of course I trust God. But when Im in this real situation, I really learn a lot by trusting Him. I don't think God purposely put me in this situation just to see me suffer. He put me there so that I may learn to trust Him. I really don't know what will my situation turn out to be but Im still learning to trust Him and not conform to the world.

I just want to end this by quoting this scripture, which happens to be my favourite one..

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the Kingdom of God and His reighteousness and everything shall be added unto you.